Harry Beaumont and his father Arthur established Beaumont Nurseries in Manurewa in 1931. Harry served as mayor of Manurewa for a time, and was a strong promoter of the establishment of the Auckland Botanic Gardens. The entrance at Katote Close was erected in 1986 in his memory.
In 1968 Harry purchased farmland in the Ardmore Valley, which was sold to his two eldest sons, Barry and Allen in 1973. They established Ardmore Nurseries Ltd. at the current location. John (younger brother to Barry and Allen) and Susan Beaumont purchased Ardmore Nurseries in 1997. John and Susan's two children Kara and Richard Beaumont joined the business in 2013.